Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tutorial #3 Dinosaur Coat Hanger

This week the tutorial is for a dinosaur coat hanger for the kid's room. Or your room if you're into that kind of thing. 








Supplies:
Toy Dinosaurs (I got these small ones at Dollar Tree for $1.00 each
A board to put them on  (I found this pack of 6 of Joann Fabrics they were $2.50)
Craft Glue
Spray paint
Knife
Bolt Hooks (I got a pack of 4 for close to $1.00)

 I flipped my dinosaur over and they had this seem I decided this is where I would make my cut. 

 I started cutting right on the seam. I made sure to do it straight. As a note I have a set of knives I got two of them for $1.00 at Dollar Tree. I use them just for crafts instead of using my good knives. After I made the cut I sanded the edges a bit.


Apply glue to the cut and stick it on the board. I eyeballed it. I kept my dinosaurs evenly spaced and straight. Let them dry overnight. 

I had already painted a board red for another project, but it was supposed to be a Christmas gift that I never got around to. :(

Take it outside and spray paint it. If you have extra primer around primer it first. I did not. So the paint tends to run down the dinosaurs. It took me about four coats. I let it dry about 30 minutes between coats. I wish I would have had spray primer.

Once it's dry you can put a sawtooth hanger on the back or even some ribbon.

Next take your bolt hooks and screw them into the bottom. I chose three hooks. The same number of dinosaurs I had. 

This will hang in my son's room to hold jackets. It's not hanging yet. Not until I finish his room transformation. He got a big boy bed for Christmas and he loves sleeping in that. So we are working on getting the rest of his room updated to big boy style.



No comments:

Post a Comment